Happy Monday everyone!
I love Mondays- fresh start, new vision, fresh energy, lots of coffee 🙂
Another month of pregnancy has nearly flown by so I’m gonna do another pregnancy recap, for weeks 17-21! We’re still in the 2nd trimester but only for another 6 weeks! Make sure you check out my First Trimester recap and Weeks 13-16!
First of all, if you haven’t heard yet, we’re having a boy! 💙
Symptoms: Still feeling reaalllly good this month, and trying to soak it up as much as possible!
- Weird sleeping patterns– I either sleep like a rock for 10 hours, or I sleep light as a bird and wake up at 3:30 AM. The pregnancy pillow has helped (link below!!) but I still will have a random 4 AM wake up, completely energized and ready for my day!! Haha!
- Loss of appetite– This doesn’t happen all the time, but usually at night I don’t want to eat very much. Especially if I cook!!
- Cravings– I’m currently craving anything acidic, like pickles, yellow mustard, salt & vinegar chips, lemon kale, etc. Even stronger, though, is my aversion to lean proteins & vegetables!!
- Feeling lots of kicks and wiggles!– Even Owen has been able to put his hand on my belly at night when the little man is moving around and feel some pretty intense kicks!! Most people have described this feeling as light, butterfly-like “flutters.” Maybe my boy is just a rough little guy, but nothing he does feels fluttery, haha! It feels like really intense twitches in my abdomen…. not painful, just weird and like there’s definitely a leg kicking!!
- Accidental peeing – just being real here, haha! I have to be more careful when I sneeze, work out, jump, or run. 😉
Workouts– Still have a good amount of energy, so I’m consistently working out 6 days a week doing some semi-intense workouts, some lifting, and some conditioning workouts. I have started incorporating more core / floor work (my last item on my “symptom” list is my motivation :)) when I can and keeping everything as strong as possible!
I go into a lot more detail about my workouts and what I’m doing on my Instagram account, so go check that out!
Products I’m Loving– There’s only one new product I’m currently obsessed with.
The Pregnancy Pillow- every woman’s dream. This is the comfiest way to sleep, ever!!!
Bumpies– Bump is showing a little more!! I definitely popped Week 19!
BBQ Bacon Chicken Loaded Fries
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb chicken breast, thawed
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (for healthy option, go homemade!)
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 lbs bacon
- Handful of cilantro, for serving
Place diced onions, bell pepper, chicken breasts, and BBQ sauce in a crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-5 hours.
While BBQ chicken is cooking (about 1 hour before it finishes), Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Cut sweet potatoes in half length-wise and then into thin strips.
Place sweet potato strips on baking sheet in a single layer (do not let them stack on top of each other!!). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper on top.
Bake fries for 20 minutes, then pull them out and flip them. Bake for another 25 minutes. Finish them off with 2 minutes under the broiler to really get them crispy!
While fries are baking, cook strips of bacon in a fry pan (or you could bake them in the oven to save time!) Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the chicken in the crockpot, let it continue to cook for another 30-60 minutes.
Once everything is finished cooking, shred the chicken in the crockpot roughly with two forks (doesn’t have to be perfect!) and mix all the crockpot ingredients. To serve- put a serving of fries on the plate, then top with a helping of the BBQ Bacon Chicken mix, and lastly top with some fresh chopped cilantro! Enjoy!
**Note- if you want to make this recipe even easier, buy pre-made sweet potato fries and just roast them in the oven according to directions on the package!