Happy New Years everyone!
Hope you all had fun ringing in the New Year last night with the ones you love!! We had high hopes and dreams for last night, but our guests left by 11:15 and my dog screamed in his kennel most of the night from the fireworks. BUT I stayed up until midnight, I was with my husband, and I am grateful for this past year & all that came with it!
Last year, I did a Hello 2016! post. It was fun to read this year, and helped me reflect on my goals and desires for this past year. I figured I’d do it again as we enter into 2017!
2016- what a year. So many people hated this year. At first my response was to hate it too, but when I look back on it, this year was exactly what it needed to be. After a really tough 2014 & 2015, 2016 was a refreshing restorative and peaceful year. It had its tough places for sure, but overall I’m ending the year happier, healthier, and better than how I started.
In 2016, I:
- Experienced healing in my body after years of believing for breakthrough!
- Bought our first house with my husband and feel very adult.
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage with my husband!
- Started and multiplied a young adult Lifegroup with my husband and our friend Laura!
- Had a “fed up” moment in January that changed everything.
- Stopped training from my home and started working at Entire Fitness, and have LOVED it!!!
- Focused fully on strength training and lifting weights, and have grown so much stronger because of it.
- Have gained 15 lbs … and am actually encouraged/happy about it!
- Competed in a Crossfit competition and also ran a half marathon.
- Have a restored/healthy/free relationship with food for the first time in years.
- Broke my ankle walking my dog, and fully recovered from that as well.
- Fulfilled a small dream of mine by running a 5-week Kitchenspired Cooking School in January/February.
- Traveled to Amsterdam and Germany this summer.
- Went on a solo trip to Portland in July that completely rocked!
- Inherited a new sister in law!
- Officially entered my “late twenties.” 😳
- Tried to branch out of my introverted self a little more.
- Because of coming out of a season of depression, I questioned a lot of things about myself, others, God, church, community, family, work, purpose, and anything in between. The result has been figuring out a lot about who I am after life has kinda worn me down into someone different than I once was. I’m still in the process of figuring it out, too, but I’m accepting this version of myself as she is and releasing myself from pressures of being a certain way.
In 2017, I will:
- Have a lot of fun.
- Honor my commitments!
- Continue to grow in confidence, balance, and health.
- Read a lot more.
- Work hard.
- Focus on the important things and forget the rest.
- Love Jesus more!
Thats all I know about 2017! I don’t know what to expect, but I’m expectant!
What are you looking forward to in 2017? Was 2016 a hit or miss for you?