I couldn’t let October go by without giving you a pumpkin recipe! It’s just not in my nature.
These Donuts are baked (hope you have a donut pan!!) & have a simple espresso cheesecake glaze.
If you’re sick of eggs and scrambles and frittatas, make a batch of these puppies and eat two of them for breakfast with a side of some sausage or bacon. I calculated the nutritional info per donut (subject to change depending on the protein powder you use) so you can see how awesome the breakdown is!
PER DONUT: 108 calories; Protein: 10.9 g; Carbohydrates: 7.7 g (Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 4.2 g) Fat: 3.6 g
Protein Pumpkin Donuts with Coffee Cream Cheese Glaze
Makes 6 donuts
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Coffee Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp cream cheese (can use Neufchâtel)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking sofa, salt, allspice, & cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Add pumpkin purée, eggs, and Greek yogurt, & mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake donuts for 11-13 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, make Glaze- Whisk all Glaze ingredients together until completely combined and smooth. Once donuts are finished let them cool and dip in the Glaze. Let set and then enjoy!