Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Not gonna lie- I only wore green for part of the day. I don’t have a lot of green. Even when I attended Baylor, I didn’t really own very much green, so that means today I didn’t wear much green. I’m Puerto Rican, I tried. So pinch me.
I have had the BEST 2 weeks or so since I last posted! First of all, the weather has been so perfect. Second, I got to go down to Edinburg, TX with our college ministry and do a break-out session about body image and comparison! Which was so fun and such an honor. Third, I started my 6-week Women’s Starting Strength class at Entire Fitness here in town and the first week was such a blast!! I have an AMAZING group of ladies and It’s going to be a great 6 weeks!
Another thing is I’ve been walking Kip, my crazy pup, every day. (Side note- Kipling turned 2 years old on Tuesday! Happy birthday, Kipling!) We usually only take him on a walk once every couple weeks because he’s insane. I know- we’re the worst dog owners ever, but seriously… he pulls on the leash, he’s unpredictable, and he barks at anything with a heartbeat that we walk by. However, I decided once the weather became beautiful to try every day, and I’ve found something miraculous. He actually is really good at going on walks now. All I had to do was actually walk him. And the more I walk him, the better he gets at it, which makes me want to walk him more. The more I walk him, the more I love him. Now, going on a walk with Kip is relaxing & enjoyable, and my favorite part of the day! [And if you follow me on snapchat you see a snippet of our walks every day. 🙂 ]
Is there some kind of sermon illustration there? Surely there is. I can’t figure it out…but it’s there. Any pastors, feel free to take that and run with it.
Also…we are buying a house. AH! That’s probably the biggest thing from the last two weeks. Why didn’t I talk about that before talking about Kip? Wow. Priorities. See how my love for Kip has grown so much that I talk about him before I talk about something super life-altering like buying your first house? Sermon illustration, guys.
I love this salsa so much! It is chunky and spicy and super flavorful. It’s filled with all of my favorite things! It’s super easy to make– the only thing that takes a little bit of time is roasting the poblanos. After that point, you literally just throw everything in a food processor or blender, and it’s done. Easy. Now you have no excuse. Go make it!
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 15-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp jarred jalapenos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp stevia (about 1/2 a packet)
- handful of cilantro
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place poblano pepper on a pan lined with foil and spray with cooking spray. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until the outer skin is blistered.
- Let pepper cool and then gently peel off the outer layer of burnt skin off the pepper. Pull of the stem at the top and also remove seeds from the inside.
- Place all ingredients, indcluding the roasted pepper, in a large food processor or blender, and pulse until combined. I processed it until it was smooth like salsa but also had some good chunks! Store in a jar in the fridge.