Hey party people!
I had the realization that we only have like 7 weeks left of 2015. 7 weeks? What happened to 2015? How did this happen? Am I in some kind of time warp machine?
I am really excited to tell you guys that I am working towards a Level 3 Metabolic Effect nutrition certification! It is an online certification program that focuses on fat loss rather than weight loss and finding the best diet that works with your specific metabolism. Things I like about this program:
- Supports finding a unique mix of macronutrients that fits you best, rather than a one-size-fits-all program
- Focuses on eating more, more often rather than the typical “eat less, exercise more” mentality
- Gives a lot of info on female-specific fat loss
- A focus on protein, fiber, and VEGETABLES. Lots of vegetables.
- Stresses (pun intended) the importance of stress, emotional health, and lack of sleep on metabolism and fat loss.
- Hormonal science to back up everything we’re learning
And so much more!! I already completed the first level of the certification and am diving into the second level. I’m hoping to finish all 3 certifications by December.
This is exciting because it means that I am adding nutrition coaching to my list of services! Yay!! I am still learning a lot on how to help people figure out their personal metabolic preferences, so I need a little grace period. My friend Chelsea at LiveFreeBeFit has some weight loss goals for the end of the year and I’m helping her out with some nutrition coaching! You can follow her journey here.
Last thing- can we talk for a second about this homemade pizza we had this weekend?? Garlic pizza sauce, pepperonis galore, goat cheese, spinach, and caramelized onions. Incredible.
If you can’t already tell, have a serious thang for turkey burgers! I already have several recipes on this blog, but I just love them! They are easy to make, filling, nutritious, and so versatile (hence all the recipes). And I developed a new way to make them that ensures they are flavorful and slightly crisp on the outside but also juicy on the inside. This turkey burger recipe is one of my favorites because of the Pumpkin + Smoky Chipotle combination. It’s to DIE for! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chipotle Turkey Burgers
Makes 6-7 burgers
- 1.25 lb ground lean turkey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on your preferred spice level!)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Heat up a large skillet over high heat and spray with cooking spray of choice. Form meat mixture into 6 or 7 patties and place into hot pan. Let cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place the entire pan with the turkey burgers in a 450 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool.