Hello pumpkin spice muffins!
Now that it’s officially October, the term ‘pumpkin spice muffins’ is in full swing. Embrace it!
Goodness I am so happy that it’s October! We actually have had cooler, more enjoyable weather for once here in Waco, so it really feels like fall! I am thrilled.
I bought this new leather jacket online and it’s soooooo cool. In addition to trying to wear cuter things other than athletic pants and tank tops all day errday, I’m trying out a capsule wardrobe for fall. Has anyone done a capsule wardrobe?? I am honestly still trying to figure it out. The basic premise is– simplify your closet with just a few key items that you can mix & match & switch up so that your options are simplified and limited, but you still have plenty of outfit choices. It’s supposed to help the stressful “I don’t have anything to wear” feeling. Which is my feeling every day.
So I’m hoping a capsule wardrobe will help those feels. But seriously, if you have any capsule wardrobe tips for this newbie, please leave them below in a comment!
Part of getting healthy for me is being confident wearing fun clothing that totally reflects my style. When I was so insecure about my body I would just wear anything that was really big and loose, not wear makeup, and do anything to cover myself. I realized that I don’t have to have the perfect body to absolutely ROCK the styles and things I love. Neither do you!! So this fall is a time for me to re-do my wardrobe and get cute again. Anyone else wanna kick insecurity in the butt and start wearing things you actually love?? 🙂
Making easy-to-prepare-and-store breakfasts is so key for me. I have early mornings and so not having to worry about having the brain power (before coffee) to assemble and cook a breakfast at 4:30 AM is crucial to me! These Breakfast Sliders are the perfect little grab-and-go breakfast to make ahead and store for the week! They would also be such a great item to make for a brunch event! Tip- don’t limit yourself to just spinach! Use any chopped vegetables you have available to add a little variety. You could also add basil, tomato, and italian seasoning to make them more Italian-flared, or some ginger, cabbage, and sriracha for asian…you get the idea. Possibilities are endless!! Enjoy!
Makes 12 sliders
- 4 oz breakfast sausage of choice
- 2 egg + 10 egg white (or any mix that equals about 12 eggs)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato (large as in wide & thick)
- 4 oz goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the breakfast sausage to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Let it cook up until cooked through, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add in spinach, garlic, salt & pepper. Lastly, add sausage (keep the grease in the pan), and then spoon 1/4 cup-fulls of the egg & sausage mixture into each muffin tin. Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes, or until set.
- While eggs are cooking, add the olive or coconut oil into the pan with the leftover sausage grease, and heat up over high heat. Slice your sweet potatoes into thin slices at the thickest part of the potato, until you have about 24 slices.
- One by one, add the sweet potato slices to the hot pan and let cook about 3 minutes, then flip over. Remove and set on a plate with a paper towel to let the grease drain. Repeat for all slices of sweet potato.
- Remove the egg muffins from the oven and assemble!! Start with one sweet potato slice, set an egg muffin on top, add a little goat cheese (optional), and finish off with another sweet potato slice. Set a toothpick in it to keep it together, or wrap it up in foil to store for later.