Hi faithful readers & friends!!
Have I said in a while that I’m thankful for you? No? Well I want to say it a thousand times- I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU!!! Seriously, this blog has brought about huge breakthrough in my life in living my dreams, growing in confidence, and of course, COOKING! It’s not possible without people like you supporting & encouraging me. I can’t thank you enough.
Speaking of living out dreams, a new album came out on iTunes today called “It Is Finished” by AntiochLive! It is AMAZING!! I love this album so much and love it even more because there’s a song on this album that my husband wrote. It is a powerful & impactful song because it comes from the depths of his intimacy with Jesus, and I couldn’t be more proud of him! So go check it out, download it, and tell all your friends. It’s worth it- trust me.
So we’re on day 16 of the 21-Day Sugar Detox. That’s really really close to the end! I’ve had a great time so far on the detox and honestly haven’t really thought about it. The only time it’s been hard is on Saturdays, my typical treat day. I still have been trying to creatively treat myself, but it’s hard when you’re pretty limited. Also, if you didn’t already see on Instagram, I am training for a marathon and LOVE it. I had the most amazing run on Sunday running 10 miles, and felt incredible. I had so much energy and even was fine teaching my Bear Cycle class later in the day. I think my diet has a lot to do with it and not eating sugar. I know sugar is awesome in the short term, but when I get down to it, it really messes with me. It messes with my sleeping, my energy, my moods- everything. I am thankful for times like this detox to re-set and get my body working AWESOMELY again. I feel amazing!
What did I eat this week? I was bad at taking pictures, and most of what I ate was literally the EXACT SAME thing I ate last week, so I’m just going to note the highlights:
My lunches for the week were- lean ground turkey, roasted veggies, and roasted acorn squash
Monday night pizza night topped with homemade pizza sauce, Applegate farms pepperonis, spinach, and fresh garlic
Wednesday night Chipotle salad when I didn’t want to cook…
Yummy and quick throw-together meal of zucchini noodles sauteed with salmon and tomatoes, tossed with fresh lemon juice and garlic.
This was me at my Friday 6 AM spin class this week. I was energized and happy to get to teach!!!
Breakfast after…so delicious!
Friday night curried turkey, garlic plantains & onions, and roasted veggies.
Which wich TWICE this weekend- love their lettucewiches!!
This is a recipe I made up last night for a quick easy dinner. I think it’s absolutely delicious- and can be adjusted by adding more ingredients or different veggies or even cheese if you do that, or rice if you do that too. It’s pretty versatile but filling and full of flavor! Check it outttt!
Shredded Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 large bell peppers
- In the morning, place the onions, chicken breast, apple cider vinegar, and spices in a crock pot or slow cooker. Mix all ingredients well and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until chopped up to form “rice.” Place in microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle lemon juice on top. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Shred the slow cooker chicken with two forks. In a bowl, mix the chicken & onions, cauliflower, salsaand spinach in a bowl. (If not dairy intolerant or doing the 21-dsd, add cheese if you want!).
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and scoop out any seeds inside. Spoon the chicken and rice mixture into the bell peppers until the are stuffed full!
- Place peppers in a deep pan so they can set upright, and place in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with salsa and fresh guacamole!