Another day, another recipe! How are you guys doing today?
This weekend I went to Dallas to meet up with two of my best friends. Last year both of them moved- one moved to Dallas and one to the far-away land of Kansas! I have been looking forward to this trip for months! I’m not gonna lie- on the way back today, I cried in the car. I just can’t help but be thankful for deep friendships that go beyond distance. I didn’t realize how much I just needed to laugh, be myself, and dream again with friendships that have deep history. I almost felt like I was in college again!
I can’t reiterate enough how important it is to find friendships that free you to be yourself & push you to be the best you can be. I don’t care how introverted or independent you are…we all need community!
And of course, we ate incredible food:
And since I forgot last time, I give you the newest edition of “How does Kipling sleep like that?”:
Can you tell I’m really into burgers these days?? They are just so simple and easy to make! These are super yummy and full of flavor. For real. You can also adjust the spice by adding more or less jalapeños. Make ’em how you like.
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapeno (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 lb ground chicken chorizo
- 1 egg white
- In a food processor, chop up your onion and jalapenos until they are chopped into small pieces. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, ground chicken, chicken chorizo, and egg white to the mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until all well-incorporated.
- Heat up a large pan or a griddle over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray of choice.
- Once it is heated up, grab the chicken mixture and make a flat patty in your hand that is about the size of your palm. Place patty on the pan or griddle. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Cook the burgers on each side for about 5 or 6 minutes. You may need to leave it for more time depending on your griddle. You want the outsides to be lightly browned.
- Once all the burgers are finished, plate them and let cool. Serve with some guacamole. Enjoy!