Hey everyone! How are you guys doing today?
I don’t know exactly what to write about today, so I’m just listing some thoughts:
- I had a rough week last week…but sometimes a rough week just makes for a better weekend. My weekend definitely made up for the lack of awesome the past week. Ready for a great week ahead!
- I am taking my ACE personal training exam tomorrow at noon. Please be praying for me!!! I’m a little nervous and not sure I will pass. Just trying to get a lot of studying in today and in the morning to make sure I know what I need to know!
- Owen and I signed up for our first full marathon. I don’t know how I feel about it yet….the good thing is that it’s not until December so I have some time to figure that one out.
- I am halfway through the Whole30…and feeling great! Owen ended it yesterday because he has a busy week ahead. So proud of him for jumping in and having a great attitude for those two weeks!!
- Kipling is doing great, and getting bigger every day. Whyyyyyy does he have to grow up?
To conclude this list, I bring you the first ever “how does Kipling sleep like that?” picture series:
This salad was a random quick lunch idea that I really enjoyed. It may sound weird, but trust me- it’s delicious. I love the flavor combinations and how light & crunchy it is. It’s a perfect summer lunch and easy to take on a picnic! Enjoy!
Fresh Jicama Green Apple Salad with Salmon
- 1 green apple (medium or large)
- 1 medium-sized jicama
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small limes
- 1 can of pink salmon (I get boneless & skinless)
- salt & pepper
- small handful of cilantro
- Cut your green apple and jicama into small slices. If this is too tedious for you, then place in food processor and chop.
- Mix the sliced (or chopped) jicama and green apple slices together in a bowl, then add olive oil and the juice of the two limes, and toss all together.
- Top with salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Chop up or tear your cilantro into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the salad. Add an avocado on the side for extra yumminess. Enjoy!