Big news: WE GOT A DOG!
Seriously, we love him. This is a big deal. I don’t like dogs and I never have. I am really picky about dogs and have only enjoyed about 10% of all dogs I meet. I have always grown up with cats and could possibly be called a crazy cat lady.
This was a great surprise of a recipe! My husband agreed to do the Whole30 with me if I promised to make breakfasts for him every morning. I usually only make dinners for him since I like to have a long easy morning to myself (mostly). So I’ve been challenged to think of Whole30 approved breakfasts that have a lot of variety and flavor! This one is perfect to mix things up a bit! Although it is made with meat, it is just the slightest bit sweet. Try it out and see for yourself!
Breakfast Turkey Green Apple Hash
Makes about 3-4 servings
Adapted from Your World Natural
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 small green apples, chopped (keep the skin on)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Add your ground turkey, onions, and carrots to a large pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat.
- Once it is almost cooked and the onions are translucent, add your oregano and keep mixing.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add the chopped green apples and stir. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add half the tablespoon of cinnamon, then stir the mixture. Add the second half of the cinnamon and the ground cloves, and stir again, until all the spices are nicely incorporated.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Serve and enjoy!