Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
In case you were wondering, there is invisible steam that comes out of tea kettle spouts, and if you get your arm near it on accident, it will burn you pretty badly.
In other news, I recently discovered Sunbutter, and I am forever a changed woman. If you don’t know, Sunbutter is sunflower seed butter. It is delicious and creamy and tastes like peanut butter, even though it’s not! I think my nut/seed butter of choice now will be sunbutter. You should definitely try it out!
I’m not the best baker & this is my first time to try out coconut flour, so when my husband and housemate go crazy over these muffins, I know it’s a win. My husband said it’s the best baked good I’ve ever made. The texture is so rich and moist, and ever-so-slightly sweet. They are great for breakfast or dessert. Plus they are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free, and nut-free. They work for everyone! You gotta try them!!
Double Chocolate Espresso Muffins
makes about 24 mini muffins or 12 regular size muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey or natural maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life nut/dairy/soy free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients (coconut flour, unsweetened cooca powder ,baking soda) in a bowl and mix together well.
- Add all wet ingredients & espresso powder to the dry, and mix well. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a muffin tin (I used a mini muffin tin) with muffin liners, or use a silicon muffin cup (preferred). Spray muffin liners with a little bit of oil/nonstick spray.
- Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way with the chocolate batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 11-12 minutes if you are making mini muffins, and about 15 minutes if you are making normal-size muffins.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve and enjoy!