Yesterday, I cooked all day & did recipe development in my kitchen. It was fun- I was inspired and I got to whip up some delicious things. The only problem is that now I don’t want to cook for days. Well, that and the pile of dishes I create that I’m more than happy to leave in the sink for a day or two. It makes me extra thankful for my selfless husband who does the dishes for me. And for days like today where I don’t have to cook (hey leftovers!) because we are heading the Fort Worth to visit my family for dinner!! I’m so excited!
We do Phillips family dinner (yes, Phillips was my maiden name) once a month and it’s one of my favorite things. My family is a hoot. There is no one like these people. Also, my mom is the most amazing cook I know. I don’t think anyone could ever top her skills in my book…sorry y’all. So today is going to be a great day, and I am thankful!!
I’m sorry that it’s Day 20 of the 21-Day Sugar Detox and I’m just now posting a staple detox recipe. I’ve had a lot of people ask me how to make this and they don’t believe it’s as easy as it is. This has been one of my favorite things to eat on this detox! It’s not an original recipe, but I wanted to show you how easily you can make it at home with no fancy equipment and still get nice ribbony “noodles.”
Zucchini Noodles- “Zoodles”
adapted from the 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook
- 1 zucchini squash
- some 21DSD pizza sauce
- anything else you want to top your “pasta” with
- Wash your zucchini. With a regular peeler, start to peel your zucchini all the way down the sides, creating long “noodles.” (If you’re fancy and have a noodling tool, you could use that, too).
- Put the “noodles” in a colander.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Place your colander on the pot so that there is a basket of zoodles hanging just above the boiling water. Cover with a lid.
- Let steam for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove basket of zoodles from the water and drain any remaining liquid from the zoodles.
- Plate, top with sauce and anything else you want! (pictured above with some slices of salami). Enjoy!