I’m diggin’ this short hair thing. It is so incredibly easy to do every day! And if I sleep on it, then I wake up and it looks better than it did the night before! That’s the kind of hair cut I need. So far I haven’t missed long hair, except I’m having a hard time figuring out what to do with it when I work out. Yesterday I just put some pins & a headband in it, but then after my spin class I looked at it in the mirror and I looked like Frankenstein. I would prefer to not scare my gym members away from my spin classes. So if any of you ladies have short hair and some tips for what to do with it while working out, feel free to let me know.
Only 4 days left of my 21-Day Sugar Detox!! I can’t believe it! I’m trying to think of what I should do when it’s over…should I throw a party? Except I think I’m gonna miss it when it’s over, so maybe a funeral? Actually, I think I’m just going to get a pedicure. That would be a perfect celebration of the detox.
Is it obvious that I’m a little into canned salmon?
This recipe is SO easy & delicious. All you do basically is mix everything together. I like recipes like that. Also, don’t let the ingredients list deceive you- it looks like a lot of ingredients but a lot of them are spices. I ate this on top of some spinach with veggies…eat it however you would regular chicken salad. Enjoy!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cans of salmon, drained (I use the boneless skinless kind)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- First, make the dressing! Put your avocados (of course peeled with no seed), almondmilk, lemon juice, spices, garlic, and olive oil in a blender, food processor, or nutribullet. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or container, combine the salmon, sunflower seeds, celery, cucumber, & jalapenos. Mix it all together really well.
- Add the dressing to the salmon mixture, and mix super well until it is all combined and there is dressing on all of the salad.
- Serve! Or store in the fridge with one of the seeds of the avocados.