Happy Friday, everyone!
Owen and I are going on an adventure tonight.
Yep, an adventure.
I’m excited!! I got invited to attend the National Gluten Free Day Gala in San Antonio with 200 of the top movers & shakers in the health & fitness industry. It will be an amazing opportunity to learn from other health experts who have a passion for the things I have a passion for. I’m hoping to glean some insight and wisdom that will help Kitchenspired better serve you, my wonderful & faithful blog readers! I. am. PUMPED!!
Also, the 21-Day Sugar Detox is going GREAT!!! I have never felt this great in my life. I feel energized, emotionally level, happy, and satisfied. I feel like myself for the first time in a long time. And I had a minor medical breakthrough as well. Don’t forget to follow my 21DSD here!
I like this recipe. The breading is so nice and thick that two strips leave you feeling pretty full. The roasted tomatoes on top are optional, but I think they add a nice flavor to the mix. The recipe is 21-Day Sugar Detox-approved and delicious! I must forewarn you- when I made this recipe and took the pictures, I forgot to write down measurements…so these measurements are off of my memory. I have a pretty great memory, but still. You have been warned.
Walnut & Basil-Crusted Chicken & Balsamic-Roasted Tomatoes
Makes about 4 servings
- about 1-1.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- about 6 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put your walnuts in the food processor and pulse for about 20 seconds.
- Add the basil leaves and spinach to the ground walnuts in the food processor, and pulse for another 10 seconds, or until all the ingredients are ground and incorporated, but not yet mushy!
- Place the walnut mixture in a bowl.
- Break your egg in a separate bowl & whisk it.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with foil.
- One by one, take a chicken tender strip and dip it in the whisked egg until it’s fully covered, then into the walnut crust mix. You will need to use a fork to help coat the entire strip with the crust, then put the crusted strip on the baking sheet.
- Repeat for all chicken tenders. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, cut up the cherry tomatoes into small slices.
- Mix the tomatoes in an oven-safe bowl with the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic.
- For the last 10 minutes that the chicken is cooking, place the tomato mixture in the oven and let roast.
- Pull the chicken and tomatoes out at the same time. Serve the chicken strips with the tomato & balsamic on top.