This has been a crazy week! Between Christmas parties, birthday celebrations, launching Kitchenspired, and teaching spin, I definitely overdid it. I calculated, and I rode the equivalent of almost 150 miles just in the past 5 days. I will probably never do that again. But the good thing about it is that I will definitely have no problems sleeping tonight!
This is my go-to recipe when I need something quick & delish! We love these burgers! I think these would also be a good way to sneak in some veggies to unsuspecting kids or other veggie-haters…my husband HATES zucchini and still really likes these. Also, ground turkey is a great alternative to ground beef.
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do in our house! Also, moms – try it out and let me know if your kids can taste the veggies. I’m curious.
Makes about 7-9 turkey burgers.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all of the ingredients (except the cooking spray). Mix until egg yolk is fully dispersed and all ingredients are nicely incorporated.
- Heat up your griddle or pan to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Form a burger patty in the palm of your hand with about two spoon-fulls of the burger mixture. Place on the griddle or pan.
- Cook each side for about 4 minutes, then flip. The outside should be nicely browned.
- Serve on a bun or on top of a bunch of veggies and top with salsa, avocado, tomato, or whatever else you desire!
These are also great to make, freeze, and eat later in the week for lunches.