I have to start this post by noting that being Puerto Rican, I don’t know how I feel about calling this recipe “salsa.” Salsa directly translates in spanish to “sauce,” and well, this recipe is not really that saucey. I thought about calling it Kiwi Relish, but thought that sounded weird. Relish kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies. So “Kiwi Salsa” it is…although I just have to tell you ahead of time it’s not sauce.
First recipe post! The joy and excitement and anticipation! I am getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it!
Anyways, I’m excited to share this little recipe with you! This is a favorite around our house! It is really yummy to serve on top of tacos or some other salad or meat. We also like eating it with some chips if there is any leftover from our meal. It’s a really simple recipe that can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 kiwi fruits
- ¼ red onion
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapenos (from a jar, not fresh)
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cut the kiwi fruits into small pieces, like pictured below. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, add your red onion, jalapenos, and bunch of cilantro.
- Chop it in the food processor until all ingredients are combined and chopped completely
- Combine those ingredients with the kiwi and mix it all up. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top. Let sit in the fridge for a bit to let all the flavors combine. Serve and enjoy!
If you make it, I would love to hear how it goes and how you like it in the comments below!